- You’ll have THE most demanding boss (yourself)
- Or THE least demanding boss (yourself) – neither is good!
- The odds of success are stacked against you
- Being the boss can be lonely
- Little or no cover for sickness etc (especially at the start)
- The buck stops with you – no-one else to blame
- Benefits like employer pension contributions, private health care etc become a distant memory
- Rollercoaster income – you might have some great months and some….not so great income months
- Getting stuck knee-deep in admin – all those pesky tasks that need to be done
- Your family start to forget what you look like
- Stress-management becomes a skill that you have to major in
Those are some of the down-sides – what have I missed?
But there are a whole load of positives of becoming an entrepreneur too!